Bluetooth Audio Interruptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have no idea why my ride is doing this, but I can be listening to Spotify or a podcast over Bluetooth, only to have it interrupt and start playing my google play account music. I then have to grab my phone and manually go back and switch to my original source.

This is without CarPlay plugged in via usb (I hardly ever use that). I simply set my phone in a cup holder or on the wireless charger and the source starts playing (or interrupting) when the Bluetooth connects.

Any ideas?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tech...my sync freezes in me all the time. Ill be listening to music on my phone, then it will just jump to radio, and when i turn it back, after awhile it will cutoff again. It does this with my usb 2, bit nowhere near as often. Sometimes it will lock out all media but the radio and i can't do anythin but turn up n down the volume(cant even change radio stations). This includes the steering wheel controls as well.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It might help to give your phone and OS version as well - there might be a common cause on the phone side, or an interaction between one type of phone and Ford's Bluetooth, etc.

I have an iPhone 6s with IOS 12.1 - no bluetooth issues noted. I do occasionally have trouble with the USB connection - sometimes it seems like the USB port is dead. If I move the cable to the other connector in the tray it always has worked. But, I mostly use carplay not straight bluetooth.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All latest version.

Get Spotify going for a song or so. Then a random switch to google play music when the app isn’t even running!

Almost like iPhone has an auto play setting?