Body/Paint ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay as im sure we can all tell I am new to all this(but im willing to learn).

The paint on my expy is scratched(nothing real deep.), and very little chips (no dents). I also have two rust spots on the body(one at the bottom of the driver door and the other in the wheel well.)

So what im trying to do is, clean the paint up fix the rust spots and shine her up a little.

I love the look of a real glossy black expedition.

Any ideas for the rust(to stop it and to cover it)?
And any ideas to permanently touch up paint?

Also id like to do it all my self.

Here's some pictures of the rust

2012-05-08_16-16-18_272.jpg

2012-05-08_16-15-47_47.jpg

Thanks again in advanced.

Nightkid

Reaction score
Well i am new to the painting thing also but when i went to fix my scratches i found that 2000 grit sand paper works for removing the scratches in clear coat slowly so u don't rub too much off at a time. then you can buff them out. They show how on youtube believe it or not. The paint i know you can get from local parts stores. i got the dupli-color spray cans and touch up pen for under $20 bucks.

the rust you can sand off with probably 1000-1500 grit sand paper but that area will have to be primed and painted again. it can be done outside but you just have to be careful. you may need putty also for areas where you rub off just the rust to level the area but they should be able to advise you about using that.

I did mine myself and it turned out rather well.... :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anupe