Body parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NemesisNJ

Reaction score
Hey all, gotta say thanks for the help I've gotten over the past few months. So I'm at it again. I'm looking to create a SVT Thunder Clone( w/o the engine swap/supercharger), and in the only pictures avail online, show a 2000 Expo with Lightning mods, but the after market bumper as well as the Door Panels and side skirts I can't find. The Side skirts I'm not too worried about still debating about keeping the stock step bars as well as the bumper. But the door panels in the pic don't have a center channel or center trim mold like mine currently does.

Are there door panel shells I can find, or would I need new doors all around? And if so, where should I look, I've been googlin for hours, and found a few places, but nothing I'm sold on yet. I have a friend who's a body guy but I dunno if I wanna go the pull and fill route yet (bondo), I'd like to stick to solid metal if I can. I more or less want to eliminate body lines.

Also with the fender and rear badges, are those expoy or bolt on, cause those I want off too? I'm taking the stock fender flares and pin striping off, ordering a 2000 Ford Lighting Bumper OEM. Then pulling, wet sanding and painting, the step sides.

Any help would be appreciated and anything within driving distance of PA via Rt. 80 from Jersey or Jersey itself would be worth while. And of course any links would be a help too. Thanks in advance guys.

0010_MTRP_01_I_PT-C.jpg

Thats what I wanna do^

2000 4.6L Expedition XLT
104K Miles
4WD

phibbs87

Reaction score
Hey all, gotta say thanks for the help I've gotten over the past few months. So I'm at it again. I'm looking to create a SVT Thunder Clone( w/o the engine swap/supercharger), and in the only pictures avail online, show a 2000 Expo with Lightning mods, but the after market bumper as well as the Door Panels and side skirts I can't find. The Side skirts I'm not too worried about still debating about keeping the stock step bars as well as the bumper. But the door panels in the pic don't have a center channel or center trim mold like mine currently does.

Are there door panel shells I can find, or would I need new doors all around? And if so, where should I look, I've been googlin for hours, and found a few places, but nothing I'm sold on yet. I have a friend who's a body guy but I dunno if I wanna go the pull and fill route yet (bondo), I'd like to stick to solid metal if I can. I more or less want to eliminate body lines.

Also with the fender and rear badges, are those expoy or bolt on, cause those I want off too? I'm taking the stock fender flares and pin striping off, ordering a 2000 Ford Lighting Bumper OEM. Then pulling, wet sanding and painting, the step sides.

Any help would be appreciated and anything within driving distance of PA via Rt. 80 from Jersey or Jersey itself would be worth while. And of course any links would be a help too. Thanks in advance guys.

0010_MTRP_01_I_PT-C.jpg

Thats what I wanna do^

2000 4.6L Expedition XLT
104K Miles
4WD

So did you ever get anywhere with your Thunder clone? i just found this and its a pretty good idea. i had never heard of the thunder but man am i glad i did now. your post just completely changed my mind about selling my 01 5.4 eddie bauer. time to go Thunder. let me know how yours ended up if you dont mind

grantikal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks like a nice project to get into
the 2000 Ford Lighting Bumper OEM is that a cover or complete bumper?
I like that all black look with no chrome too. looking to find a black mesh grille insert and black frame...