Broken Sensor 5.4 ID?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devadip

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the middle of the replacing the intake manifold on my 5.4 engine. While doing that I am also replacing the valve cover gaskets. The passenger side was quite frustrating. While doing this I stepped on a sensor in the middle of the motor and broke the top off. Is this the temperature sensor? Are generic parts just as goo as the oem motorcraft?

Ford 5.4 Broken Sensor.jpg

Thanks
John

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
John without seeing the part, its hard to say what it is. The dealer can print a sheet with all your sensors. As to your second question, no most aftermarket electrical parts are hit and miss. If you go aftermarket parts, buy the better ones, or you can be chasing a whole new issue and removing/installing till Christmas! The top Napa part, or top standard brand electrics part are usually best bet for non OEM.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Andy J

Reaction score
Cylinder head temp sensor. Part number F65-6G004-Ab. At least thats the number of the one i pulled off a 99 f150 5.4

OP
OP
D

devadip

Reaction score
Took it down to advance auto and it was the cylinder head senor. $24 and I have a new one.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk