BUMMED: Can't lower 2010 :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike

Reaction score
McGaughy's was the only place listing a lowering kit for a 2010 with air, so I ordered it through Stylin Trucks last week. They called today and said that due to lack of interest, McGaughy's discontinued it and didn't build any. Noone else makes a kit either.

Had I known it, I may not have bought the Expo. The things been out since 07, doesn't anyone lower these things?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd call all the manufacturers...someone on here got a 3" drop kit from Summit Racing (i think). ne ways...they called the manufacturer and over the phone they gave them the part numbers that would create a custom drop kit. pick up a magezine and look through the parts ads. they'll give you the name of the company and you can go from there.

OP
OP
M

mike

Reaction score
I called them and McGuaghys said there was no interest in the rear air supsension lowering kit, so they abandoned it.

I might bypass the air and retrofit coils, which they do have, although I really don't want to.

OP
OP
M

mike

Reaction score
that, and my hypertech programmer came in and it doesn't have a tune for my truck. At least they told me it should only be a couple days before they update it for me.

The K&N went on smoothly though, and we can notice an improvement with it.

tritonman5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
McGaughy's was the only place listing a lowering kit for a 2010 with air, so I ordered it through Stylin Trucks last week. They called today and said that due to lack of interest, McGaughy's discontinued it and didn't build any. Noone else makes a kit either.

Had I known it, I may not have bought the Expo. The things been out since 07, doesn't anyone lower these things?

might want to convert to coilovrs then you should be able to lower it

OP
OP
M

mike

Reaction score
a little low for my taste, but I have been thinking about aftermarket airbags also.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is that the only brand you want...there are others that make drop kits...eibach...

OP
OP
M

mike

Reaction score
is that the only brand you want...there are others that make drop kits...eibach...

noone else makes drop kits for the current generation with rear air suspension. I don't even think anyone else makes a drop kit for the current generation without rear air suspension. Its kind of frustrating, because the truck has been out 4 years now. I would have thought there would be more aftermarket support for it, but just about every category of mod for this generation only has one supplier at the most.