Cabin air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only have 12k miles on my 21 but still thought it would be a good idea to change the cabin air filter. Really glad I did. It was pretty dirty. I have one on my Mustang so I know how quickly these get clogged up. I bet there are some who have never changed these...

20230612_1830502.jpg

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As much dirt as they filter out, you'd think that they would have made it easier to change. Since the means of
access wasn't obvious, I had to find a YouTube video to show me how.
Yea, I watched the video too. It was pretty easy to replace however. Only two screws. Just need to watch the little white clips...

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As much dirt as they filter out, you'd think that they would have made it easier to change. Since the means of
access wasn't obvious, I had to find a YouTube video to show me how.

Seems Ford changes the procedure every year. My 2022 was 2 mins. No tools just open glove and drop it down and then pull the filter out. Really impressed how Ford made it so easy.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you live in the NYC/northern NJ area I suggest you change now if you have not done so already due to the Canadian fires.

My son was just traveling thru northern Jersey near the GWB and sent me a pic of his cabin filter. Nasty!

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced mine with a K&N Washable last year. I'll pull it soon and see how cleaning it works.
I just cleaned my K&N washable and put it back in. I spent this Fall bird hunting and the Expedition was parked outside in the wilds of Michigan, Wisconsin and South Dakota for weeks on end. I experienced 1000 miles plus of gravel roads. Both the K&N Engine Air Filter and Cabin Air Filter were trashed. I cleaned them both without issue and their back in.

This is the first time that I've cleaned a K&N washable Cabin Air Filter. Note that K&N specifies a different cleaner than for the Engine Air filters. The cleaning procedure went well. No complaints.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett