Can't fuel 2003.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine 05 does this too . Their is 1 gas station that did not shut off on me ( I don’t like their gas tho ) . Only way to fill my tank up without my pump shut off . Is to put the nozzle up high as possible . Almost near the fill neck . Where you can see gas pouring in .

OP
OP
Council2

Council2

Reaction score
Out of the blue it has started to fuel correctly, idk possibly spiderweb in line?
Thanks for all the info.

Cjohns

Reaction score
I agree with the canaster vent selinoid being stuck. It detects vapors when you pump gas Which close the vent system. The pressure builds the fuller your tank gets and it closes. Which cause the gas pump to shut off to prevent over filling. Yours is stuck tricking the pump to shut off prematurely. I've seen this on brand new cars and was a mechanic for 12 years. Easy fix and fairly inexpensive. Start there. I've also repaired the opposite when it stuck open and gas over flows during fueling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger