Cap for Schrader valve on fuel rail.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Darn! I was hoping the aliens will make their appearance in 2020 like I heard from the guy from the future with the pieces of paper in his pocket.
And I didn't know it was my fault. Shucks

Sorry, but I just have a big issue with statements being made that insinuate or try to convince people of what things are necessary or what they should do based on personal opinion of "what ifs" and maybe ehespecially when the odds of occurrences are very rare.
Painting someone a horror story of what might happen if they don't do something or if they skimp a little bit is either fear-mongering, or trying to control people to make the world a better place in your own mind by controlling others actions or simply just trying to get your way.
When the chances of these things happening are in the super low percentages with no satistics or evidence of common occurrences to back up the push for caution.

There's plenty of things that we should recommend to people and say well you are taking a chance if you do this and it could cost you more in the future etc,
But in instances for it's highly unlikely and experience supports this we should just say it's no big deal and move on.
That's exactly what I did and my first response to the original poster saying that probably 30% of the cars running around on the roads didn't have this cap and it never causes an issue so either screw one on or don't worry about it.
Leaving it totally up to personal preference because it's not going to change that person's life one way or the other.
But then someone decided to moment and try to point out every possible why that there could be an issue from not having the cap. Seems to me they were trying to convince the original poster and everyone else that they should make sure they have a cap on there by saying that it's so important to have.
Or maybe they were trying to say it so important that it does seem they were trying to convince them in others that they should have it. I guess because it's such a simple easy thing to do they figure why not. To me it's not just about the easiness or whatever. I want to be factual about what really can or can't occur as compared to what is highly likely or highly unlikely to occur.
Just like with people spouting that you have to use the exact grade oil because the manufacturer recommends it. People argue all day long about this. Then they will simply get mad and say well you can do whatever you want on your car but I'm going to use what the manufacturer recommends.
Then they feel better about themselves and sleep better at night knowing they've done the right thing. Do you know how ridiculous these strict ideas are?
They haven't done the right thing or the best thing. All they have done is completely believed what they were told was best.

And I was so going to enjoy meeting the aliens too.

Last edited:

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let’s say for argument sake that a person (totally hypothetical) who posted to a thread made an agreement to disagree with another person who posted on the same thread. “What if” that same person (totally hypothetical) kept the said argument going even though the other person thought it was highly unlikely. Do you know how ridiculous that would be to null and void an Expy brother bound agreement?

I guess because it’s such a simple easy thing to do and that person (totally hypothetical) figured why not. Anarchy I say! People (we the) will be arguing all day, we won’t be able to feel better about ourselves and there is no way we could sleep better at night knowing we have done nothing to stop this forum from falling into chaos.

We must seek help. I humbly suggest a tribunal.

We must seek out the wisdom of the elders (Ford engineers) in their habitat (Detroit). “What if” said person (tobylly hypothetical) is found guilty? How shall we deal said person (tobylly hypothetical) who committed this heinous crime that tore the very fabric that this forum is built upon?
May I suggest the gauntlet. the guilty party shall run the gauntlet while being capped. The people shall remove any and all fuel rail caps and throw at the guilty party. Whereas the guilty party must pick up every cap and fasten tightly on each and every fuel rail. Only then shall we breath easy that our forum will live to see another day.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure BF

OP
OP
U

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the most action I've seen on a thread in a while, lol. I am the original poster. I have a loaner car right now as my other SUV is in for service and I stole one of the caps off the wheel and threw it on the fuel line valve so problem solved, lol. I now have a cap on it. I'm sure the dealership won't miss it and they are pieces of garbage anyway (not Ford) so they owe me. Seeing how much dirt and grime gets under the hood over time it can't hurt to have it covered anyway. I was not real worried about it not being covered but just wanted to make sure it wasn't some type of special cap of some sort being I never looked at it closely after it left my hands and flew off. It looked different from regular valve caps, slightly taller with a different type of look so just wanted to make sure. Anyway it's done. Didn't think a .20 cent plastic cap would start so much controversy [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE CAP!!! It's about ALIENS! They probably abducted your original one anyway. IF you find it or it comes back. DO NOT USE. It has been probed.

But I did not keep the argument going Yupster Dog because I was no longer addressing you. I was responding to Ruh Roh Rich.jJust talking about you-- but not behind your back so not too bad.... ALIENS MAN....A-L-I-E-N-S ....Love em. At least the idea of them.

The gauntlet (back to you Yupster Dog) sounds like fun. But I will not install them. I will not. Not with a fox, not with a box, not with a ham, not with some Spam. Not as you like, not on a bike, on a trike, or even with a pair of *****.
I'll eat them. I'll hold them in my hands and put them in my pockets and love them and hug them and roll them around and chew on them (probably...bad habit)

This is say, this gauntlet I say...sounds like a great thing to have some day. To meet up and greet up.. and talk about our crap. And if I can get off this Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstein cadence then maybe I can turn out a rap.
We can all pop our doors and crank up the tunes....rev up the engines and pour out some fumes. (seafoam recommended)

Then the aliens can see, we aren't a bad bunch and maybe they'll land and we can all go to lunch. CARPOOL!!!!!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the most action I've seen on a thread in a while, lol. I am the original poster. I have a loaner car right now as my other SUV is in for service and I stole one of the caps off the wheel and threw it on the fuel line valve so problem solved, lol. I now have a cap on it. I'm sure the dealership won't miss it and they are pieces of garbage anyway (not Ford) so they owe me. Seeing how much dirt and grime gets under the hood over time it can't hurt to have it covered anyway. I was not real worried about it not being covered but just wanted to make sure it wasn't some type of special cap of some sort being I never looked at it closely after it left my hands and flew off. It looked different from regular valve caps, slightly taller with a different type of look so just wanted to make sure. Anyway it's done. Didn't think a .20 cent plastic cap would start so much controversy [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

ACTION...action GOOD!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you know you can only post once every 8 seconds????? AAAARRRRGGHHHH

Some, certain ones of us.....have lot's to say and often aAND DON"T LIKE LIIMITS>

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But if you post in a row ...all your posts say "a moment ago" that's cool.
I think I need some Mountain Dew.