Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

welcome2vegas

Reaction score
Looking to swap out my ‘14 bench for the bucket seats for easy access to the 3rd row. I’ve read a few diff forums and it looks like “all” i’d really need is the arm rests, but I don’t see them online anywhere outside of OEM for $300 each. Any ideas?

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just said this to someone else earlier today. They didn’t need the interior armrests when it was a bench, they don’t need them now. I did the same thing to my 2017 earlier this week with baby #2 due soon.
Make sure you get this weathertech (#4410402), or huskyliner (#14371). The weathertech piece covers all of the second and third row. I found it to be far superior to the husky, which had gaps in a few places, and you would need the second row husky mat, if you don’t have anything there, presently.

You’ll also need to seal the hole in the floor which the center seat covers with a grommet of sorts.

Overall, it’s a refreshing change, and makes the truck appear incredibly more spacious inside.

2011EL

Reaction score
If you decide that you must have the armrests, you can always check your local junkyards. I'm sure there's plenty of Expeditions to choose from in there as Ford didn't change much from 07 to 17. I'm sure you can grab the chairs at the pick n' pull lot for much cheaper than the $600 you mentioned.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think you can add armrests to the side bench seat sections. The mounts aren't there in the seat frames. I'd love to be proven wrong tho

OP
OP
welcome2vegas

welcome2vegas

Reaction score
Just said this to someone else earlier today. They didn’t need the interior armrests when it was a bench, they don’t need them now. I did the same thing to my 2017 earlier this week with baby #2 due soon.
Make sure you get this weathertech (#4410402), or huskyliner (#14371). The weathertech piece covers all of the second and third row. I found it to be far superior to the husky, which had gaps in a few places, and you would need the second row husky mat, if you don’t have anything there, presently.

You’ll also need to seal the hole in the floor which the center seat covers with a grommet of sorts.

Overall, it’s a refreshing change, and makes the truck appear incredibly more spacious inside.
Thanks man. Yeah not a bad idea just going with no arm rest, but i’d think that would be super uncomfortable. We have a baby and a dog so this route would make our family trips much smoother lol. I’ll have to check some junkyards

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yeah not a bad idea just going with no arm rest, but i’d think that would be super uncomfortable. We have a baby and a dog so this route would make our family trips much smoother lol. I’ll have to check some junkyards

Totally get it. For the foreseeable future, I’m going to be in carseat land, so no worries on arm rests for me. I’ll have to ask our corgi her opinion on no armrests next road trip, though.