CD changer plug pinout, 97 EB w/Premium & sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric in Wyoming

Reaction score
Hi errbody!

By golly it's been awhile! I'm on my third OEM radio, and it now fails to read cassettes or the adapter I use to plug into my phone for YooToob playlists. I'd like to wire a headphone jack into the plug so that I can just switch off the CD changer signal and feed a signal from my phone through the existing CD changer harness - is that possible? Where could I find the pinout for the plug going to the changer?

Thanks in advance, yall!

OP
OP
Eric in Wyoming

Eric in Wyoming

Reaction score
So I found this thread, which gives me some hope!

That thread also led me to this thread, which includes a switch in the wiring to go between the auxiliary input and cd changer.

So now I wonder - since the auxiliary input has a common ground, can the two channel ground wires in the wiring harness be spliced together with no ill effects? If so, then I can just use a 3-conductor switching jack instead of that big 4-pole toggle switch. If not, then I'd just use the toggle. Unless I can find a 4-conductor switching jack....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani