CD player/USB interface..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bzav

Reaction score
Not sure why you would choose wma over the more popular formats, but ripping is the beginning of the process; not the entire process. The info concerning genre, artist, album, etc. is contained in the meta-tags of the file. CDs generally don't have meta-tags. So if it's ripped from a CD, there will be no info. There are programs that can sample your ripped files and likely find the correct meta info and insert that info into the file so that your player can read it. MusicBrainz Picard is a good one. I don't use Windows, but I believe there is a Windows version of Picard. For future purchases, you might investigate HD audio downloads. They are not cheap or small (1.2GB per "album"), but generally have double the resolution of an audio CD. HDTracks is just one of many services for high quality audio.
Thanks. The same USB drive works in our 2018 Subaru. I can sort by album or artist. So is seems like it is the Ford software, not my USB drive. On my Expedition I can’t even get it to play CD by CD.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have hundreds of artists stored as .wma files. The music quality is good but with the sound systems available today, older quality becomes obsolete quickly. My files can be played via USB and loaded (played) by artist, genre, alphabetical order or album. Most label data as artist and title are displayed (album art may not be transferred via original CD). Most of the files were ripped from CD with all album art etc. coming through. Amazingly, it is all stored on a 32 gig drive that is the size of a thumbnail trimming!!

My SPP came with the BO 22 speaker system, and the sound quality is beyond amazing for an old phart like myself!! A higher-quality format for digital music is definitely necessary!! We have a huge CD collection but have been using the USB for all music of choice.