CDF and Cam Phasers | 2018 Ltd 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Back story: New engine and turbos at 68k miles (service place forgot to put oil in it when re-starting after oil change). 100k Premium warranty with Ford Protect. 94.5k miles on my Ltd 4x4 (I also had my front and left side panels replaced and painted at 88k when t-boned). I am wanting to keep this Expy until it's a 200k vehicle...

Questions:

1. I have rattle on cold start. Local non-Ford shop says could be starter not disengaging flywheel, which could be hurting the transmission? Or is this just the cam phasers on the new engine?

2. I have experienced some slipping and slamming in transmission, but very intermittent and hard to duplicate. What are the known/common symptoms of the CDF drum replacement I see popping up in this thread so I report the 'red flags' when checking in my vehicle?

3. What are other 'common problems' I should have checked before I tip 100k? What have you had replaced under warranty that others often talk about here?

4. I'm being quoted $4k for 48k miles/48 months to extend Premium. I'm seeing better pricing in this forum. What's the best price you've received and where/how?

Thanks in advance!

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1) it needs cam phasers. Get it in before 100k

2) it needs CDF replaced, take it in and complain, have them perform the TSB that was released summer and go thru the steps to get it replaced before 100k

3) seems high, call Harold Ziegler and get a quote from them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire