check fuel cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammy3

Reaction score
Hello all new to the sight. I just bought a 2006 E B Expedition. and my check fuel cap indicator keeps coming on. after hitting the reset several times the check engine light comes on the code is loose fuel cap. it had an after market on it and i bought a new one from ford and it still says the same thing. anyone else have this issue and if so what can i do to fix it

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Being you just purchased the expy I guess you have no idea about its past history Such as if the fuel tank has been lowered to replace a fuel pump. I would get under the rear and check the hose connections to the fuel tank and filler tube and any other hose connections to make sure they are tight.

Just a suggestion Its always best to post the code rather than saying you have a code for loose fuel cap etc Some members on here have service manuals and can look up the code and may get better information to pass along to you

OP
OP
S

sammy3

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I do have the car fax and there was nothing on it regarding anything about the tank being lowered. I will jack the car up tomorrow and see what I can see as far as any connections that needs to be tighten. Again thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT