Checking in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minero

Reaction score

Checking in from Stillwater, OK. Originally from Southern Cali, just going to school here (graduating in MAY!). I inherited our family Expedition (1998 XLT 4X4 5.4L) back when I was 17, 225K and going strong. I treated it kinda badly in the beginning in regards to the exterior and am now regretting it. I used this forum to help me do a build recently, gonna open a thread up here in a bit with a lots of pictures...Still a lot to do. Glad to be part of the forum.

To anyone who sees this, I recently noticed a huge drop in MPG like were talking 8 or less, and that is down from my old avg 10-12. Heres whats new: Oil change, did two rounds of chevron concentrated fuel treatment, new air intake, and its starting to get real cold around here. Recently have had to hold the ignition a bit longer than usual to get the car started. Any ideas whats up?? I believe a tune up is in order, but idk if its that simple.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minero

Minero

Reaction score
Pictures

SAM_1525_zps479956eb.jpg

SAM_1527_zps8695e730.jpg

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. You said a new air intake. Did you clean the mass air sensor?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk