child lock function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
first question- the locks automatically lock when put in gear, can this be disabled. Or can it be set so it unlocks again when put back into park.
second- if you try and open the rear doors when locked (even if the child lever is on unlock, it sets them to lock mode. and the door can only be opened from outside. so everytime our impatient kid tries to open the door before i hit unlock he gets locked in regardless and I have to open front the outside and unlock the child lock again. silly quirky little things

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer can also turn the autolock on and off with their NGS or WDS scanner. You might need to try that.

The procedure to do it manually is as follows in case anyone is wondering..........

The enable/disable mode can be entered manually using the following procedure.

To change the programming for Autolock or Personality settings, the procedure must be followed to the end. The Autolock and Personality programming can be changed independently. After completing either Autolock or Personality enable/disable, the next enable/disable procedure may be completed before programming mode is exited.

To enter programming mode, steps 1 through 8 must be carried out within 30 seconds.

Close all doors.
Make sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
Press the door lock control switch to UNLOCK three times.
Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
Verify the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.

To Enable/Disable Autolock

Press the door lock control switch to the UNLOCK position. (This selects the Autolock programming mode.)
Press the door lock control switch to the LOCK position. (This changes the current state of Autolock to either enable or disable.)
To confirm the Autolock change of state, the RAP module will chirp the horn. If the chirp is followed by a long horn blast, Autolock was just enabled. If no blast follows the chirp, then Autolock was just disabled.

OP
OP
B

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer can also turn the autolock on and off with their NGS or WDS scanner. You might need to try that.

The procedure to do it manually is as follows in case anyone is wondering..........

To change the programming for Autolock or Personality settings, the procedure must be followed to the end. The Autolock and Personality programming can be changed independently. After completing either Autolock or Personality enable/disable, the next enable/disable procedure may be completed before programming mode is exited.

To enter programming mode, steps 1 through 8 must be carried out within 30 seconds.

Close all doors.
Verify the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.

Press the door lock control switch to the UNLOCK position. (This selects the Autolock programming mode.)
Press the door lock control switch to the LOCK position. (This changes the current state of Autolock to either enable or disable.)
To confirm the Autolock change of state, the RAP module will chirp the horn. If the chirp is followed by a long horn blast, Autolock was just enabled. If no blast follows the chirp, then Autolock was just disabled.

Thanks so much! you are very helpful!!

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Close all doors.

do you know if there is an Auto"UNLOCK" (unlocking all the doors when shifting into PARK) mode?

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hehe, disabling the autolock was the first thing I did when I bought my truck.

Did it right in the parking lot of the stealership I picked it up from before I drove away. The salemen were looking at me like as I was crazy when I went throught the above procedure in their parking lot...

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hehe, disabling the autolock was the first thing I did when I bought my truck.

Did it right in the parking lot of the stealership I picked it up from before I drove away. The salemen were looking at me like as I was crazy when I went throught the above procedure in their parking lot...

STEALERSHIP!!! :laughing1:

jbanks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is amazing...I'm doing it asap. I cant trust this beast to not lock they key inside.

I like to start it to cool off when I'm leaving work. But, I always have to leave the window down a little in case it autolocks....The previous owner warned me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik