Child Safety Locks.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, I find it better to revive an old thread than to make a new one on an existing issue.

Unless they revive it to ask an OP from 4 years ago a questions. :D

ghettoracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man thanks for the info, if I ever get my truck back from the shop I'll do what you guys suggested. Mines been doing that for a while on the passenger side

montlyfool

Reaction score
I only look at the solution and it worked. I do not pay attention to dates unless it specifies to a certain issue that is date related. The search function is there for a reason.
I may be new on this forum, but not new to forums in general, so I know how they work.

Thanks for the solution. I know there will be more as I keep my Expy running.

laffinguy

Reaction score
FIXED this Permanently

SOLUTION!!! I put up with this for years with my 2001 Lincoln Navigator.

The hardest part to fixing it is removing the interior door panel, so make sure you find out how to do that on your model before you destroy some expensive plastic parts. Once that is off, the rest is a piece of cake.

The problem is caused by the interior door handle rod. It needs to be adjusted because it is too short, allowing the door handle to open too far. A plastic clip attaches the door handle to the rod (the rod that connects the interior door handle to the door latch). Unhook the the clip and lengthen the rod by moving it back towards the latch, then close the clip to reattach the rod. The door handle will not pull open quite as far. Test the adjustment by switching the child lock to the unlock position, and while leaving the door open, pull the interior door handle open and closed rapidly several times. If the child lock switch no longer "climbs" from the unlocked to the locked position, shut the door and make sure it will still open when you pull the interior door handle. If so, you fixed it! If not readjust the rod and try again. Good luck.

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happened to me way back, I just threw a little screw in there for it won't slide to the lock position. Lol

camoford4x4

Reaction score
the eraser idea works perfectly. all you do is move it to the unlock position and put the eraser inbetween the switch and the bottom and it wont happen anymore

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett