Clear wrap behind tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue87GT

Reaction score
Has anyone placed some clear wrap behind the tires to protect the fenders? Considering doing this instead of mud flaps...

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've done it on another car, but still added small "bikini" mudflaps to reduce the bigger stuff hitting at closer range with more energy. Get a good wrapper, they can do the whole car if you wish. Not cheap and I'd spend the money on the nosecone, roof, and side mirrors first.
YMMV

MADEXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's an interesting concept. I do have mud flaps and know that a good PPF will protect the paint, so why not.

Simon Clowes

Reaction score
Yes the clear film used to protect the edges from rpok chip would work, but please keep in mind that mudflaps are not just to protect your vehicle but to reduce the rocks and spray spat towards any vehicle behind you.

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Suntek PPF installed on almost everything below the glass. Then Ceramic Pro coated the entire truck.
Also, added mud flaps so less stuff gets kick up onto the travel trailer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712