Clearing Permanent Code P0446

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HometowwnJamie

Reaction score
My check engine light was on so I bought an inexpensive code scanner. The scanner indicated a P0446 code - Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit. When I cleared the code it would come back immediately. It turned out that the wiring to the valve was broken at the connector. It seems that the computer can tell if there's an open circuit to this valve - pretty impressive. I replaced the connector, being careful about the polarity. The current code can now be cleared and it stays cleared until I turn the car off and start it again. What I notice is that this code stays in permanent codes and I can't remove it from there. All my reading on the subject of permanent codes indicate that they can only be cleared by a trip drive pattern. I have tried several of these trip drive patterns but the permanent code persists. Can anyone give me some guidance?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65