Code help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,
My 99 expy started putting out codes today for some reason. One was "Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insuff Detected" and the other was "Feul Tank Level Indicator Circ Error".

The fuel tank one was being put out before I'm pretty sure but the exhaust one is new. I cleared them and have yet to drive it far enough for them to come in again, started and didn't come in.

Truck was running normal when the light came on, was on a dirt road at the moment if its any importance. Thanks.

FYI I have a K&N FIPK intake and superchips program on it. Thats how I read the codes, those are according to superchips.

mustangswan

Reaction score
It would be helpful to know the number of the codes? P0401 and p0460? The p0401" lack of egr flow could be the dpfe sensor not reading correctly which is common. The other common thing that gets clogged up is the egr ports in the elbow the connects the throttle body to the intake manifold. This can be checked by hooking up a hand held vacuum pump to the egr vavle vacuum nipple and applying about 5-6 inhg to the valve while the engine is running, the engine should stall or almost stall if you are getting enough egr flow. The DPFE sensor should be reading close to 1.0 V with the key on and engine off. IF you can access the pids/data logger thru the 16 pin connector under the dash or with what ever you got the codes with. if it is reading less than 0.5v than the sensor is most likly bad. also check the 2 hoses that goto the dpfe sensor from the EGR tube. if you replace the sensor it is a good idea to replace these hoses with the sensor.
Hope this is helpful, Rob