Cold air intake kit for 07 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockyw123

Reaction score
I installed a cold air intake from K&N.
It was fast and easy to install.
I was impressed with the increase in power and It sounds great.
At WOT it sounds like it's going to suck up the entire engine bay.

I can't wait to get the programmer and a cat back installed.

brainb7080

Reaction score
Rocky, I have the evo edge tuner with the same cai on extreme it's quite a difference. I would be interested to know how the cat back will work with this setup.

gyromedic2

Reaction score
I put the air raid on mine from autoanything on sale. best $200 I ever spent. Mine is a 07 Police package

1mpg

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this thread but as I'm putting the "search" feature into good use, I came into this old thread that is quite positive on CAI. I recently brought my 07 expedition to the dealer for the feared spark plug change. At a little over 103k miles no plugs were broken upon removal but the technician did tell my wife that it's best if I removed the k&n CAI. She couldn't explain to me why he said that other than he said its worthless. I love the sound the CAI makes when I step on it but the wife now would like me to remove the CAI and she's the mainly driver. Anyone had someone ever tell them their CAI are worthless?

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to revive this thread but as I'm putting the "search" feature into good use, I came into this old thread that is quite positive on CAI. I recently brought my 07 expedition to the dealer for the feared spark plug change. At a little over 103k miles no plugs were broken upon removal but the technician did tell my wife that it's best if I removed the k&n CAI. She couldn't explain to me why he said that other than he said its worthless. I love the sound the CAI makes when I step on it but the wife now would like me to remove the CAI and she's the mainly driver. Anyone had someone ever tell them their CAI are worthless?

Whether the open CAIs actually provide air that is any cooler is a matter of significant debate. The only way to know for sure would be to monitor the temps on your vehicle using a ScanGauge/UltraGauge or similar device with and without the CAI. In terms of it providing any more power, it's pretty widely accepted that a CAI alone (or even with just a cat-back and other basic mods) will provide very little if any gains. The reason why he probably suggested it be removed though is all of the extra debris that gets sucked up into the system. As for the debate between you and the Mrs, well I can't help you there. ;)

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had one for about 5 years now. I have heard it might flow more air than the stock tune can handle. Then it throws a a CEL. The other thing is over oiling when cleaning it. I haven't had a problem with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: