Cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08montana

Reaction score
I am looking into purchasing a cold air intake for my 08 eddie. The one that I'm am probably going to end up purchasing is the K&N 63-2575 AirCharger Performance Air Intake System. The rating on it says 11.04 hp at 4500 rpm. Is this a realistic number? What can I expect to see for gas mileage improvements? Has anyone who has this filter had any problems with too much air flowing past the O2 sensor and the computer shutting off the engine?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the number posted by them is in a controlled environment and more than likely a clean engine only for that test...you wont see that much...more like 5-6 hp...gas mileage will increase 1-2 per gallon...engine wont shut off becuz the ecu is programmed for a air/fuel ratio...only way to change that is to change the ecu with a programmer...if u go with a programmer hit up 5startuning on the vendor page and he will custom make tunes for your desired results and changes on the engine...I have a programmer...intake...exhaust and currently get 20 mpg city...24 hwy

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the K&N on my 2011 XLT and I am very happy with it. I also have an after market exhaust along with Hypertech tune and get 1 to 2 MPG better than I might otherwise. But I do get a noticeable increase in power with the tune. Overall I am quite happy.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW I have the Spectre intake on my 08. I have to smog the trunk this year. When I put the stock intake back on I'm leaving it on. I got more of an improvement from the tune then the intake.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Last edited:

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep in mind your truck might LOSE power in other areas of the power-band. Citing peak numbers at a given rpm does not tell the whole story.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U may feel throttle response

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

Paul2003

Reaction score
While it may be possible their numbers are correct that's only a 3-4 % increase on a 300 HP engine. Most people won't notice the difference. Might sound better though.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine actually annoys me. It has a weird drone to it. That's one of the reasons I'm taking it off.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk