Cold, fricken cold!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Heck time to bust the grill open and start flipping burgers, might as well open the pool up too.

I will be grilling tonight....just like every night....I mix it up though...porterhouse, ny strip, dels...a steak every night for dinner....it's actually pretty inexpensive but I love beef and I'm lazy...

for Christmas, I had a remote start installed on my GF's Rogue....evidently, just in time!

jeff

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't think remote start could be added to manuals. I was always told bypassing the depressed clutch (sensor?) was hard and dangerous. (sorry to hijack the thread)

Nah, it’s doable. You install a neutral lockout that will only bypass the clutch sensor if it’s in neutral… at least that’s what the kit for my old Tacoma had. I think it had a setup where it would only allow remote start if the engine had been shut off without the clutch depressed, meaning it was in neutral. Not that you couldn’t put it in gear after-the-fact but yeah.

Not the brightest idea, but there are ways around it.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't think remote start could be added to manuals. I was always told bypassing the depressed clutch (sensor?) was hard and dangerous. (sorry to hijack the thread)

No worries on the hijack----this is how we all learn!

For those with manual trannys......solution is simple enough.....send your woman out there to start it. IF you are REALLY taking care of her, she won't hesitate but if you are like 97% of couples, she'll tell you to ***....are you willing to risk asking and finding out? LOL

jeff

K9 Handler

Reaction score
I work an explosive detection dog under Fed contract in this stuff....both of us get cold but we do have a warm-up building. KC is supposed to be in the minus next week. I see they are looking for dog handlers on the atoll of Kwajalein in the south pacific....might go there even though the atoll is 1 mile wide and 4 miles long.

Plati

Reaction score
My snowmobile buddies up in the NYS north country (Adirondacks) are finding temps like minus 32F at night ... and they still go out riding! Any exposed skin gets frostbit in minutes, even if not going 80mph on a lake

david_jr

Reaction score
We've had -7, -11 and -7 the last three nights with daytime highs in the singles. Not usually this cold this early in the winter around here. We have a ski resort next door and we have been using the hot tub the last couple nights outside. There is a great view of the slopes from it, but it didn't look like anyone was skiing. We were in the hot tub at -1 so every 30 seconds or so your hair would freeze over and you'd have to dunk under, the railing down to the tub was covered with ice and the door back to the indoor pool area was also iced over. The water was really hot though and it felt good. Caribbean sounds good to me too though!!