Consumer reports Expedition is trash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Small sample size but I had three GMs in a row before my Ford current product. Zero issues except for a warranty covered lifter fix.

Of course I don’t drive anything past 100k miles so anything, including this Ford should be trouble free during that period.

I’d add that these 6 year old GM’s seem to be demanding a lot for dumpster worthy vehicles...06d1dd0fd32a785bf6a3e3dcd82e1c8c.jpg

had several with many issues short of 100k in my family. Finally talked people of buying them so they won’t be asking me to fix or direct a repair in some way. Contrast that with the fords we’ve had with little to nothing until they get some age on them, that being after ten years.

initial quality was quite good as well. I did many quality inspections working for Toyota. On this truck I only had the one door not shutting the last eighth of an inch. So pretty good really. Seems the average car has a little over one defect from factory, think that average was from jd power I’ve seen several times over the years.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive owned two expys 2018 and 2019. great trucks. 0 issues. we beat the shit out of it!!! tow with it. live in a relatively hard area for a vehicle to put the miles we put on them. i wouldnt hesitate to buy another one, but sadly we are going to jump into the GM pool and get an escalade!!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive owned two expys 2018 and 2019. great trucks. 0 issues. we beat the shit out of it!!! tow with it. live in a relatively hard area for a vehicle to put the miles we put on them. i wouldnt hesitate to buy another one, but sadly we are going to jump into the GM pool and get an escalade!!

2021? Why did you guys make that decision. My dad wants one so can you let us know how you like it?

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
had several with many issues short of 100k in my family. Finally talked people of buying them so they won’t be asking me to fix or direct a repair in some way. Contrast that with the fords we’ve had with little to nothing until they get some age on them, that being after ten years.

initial quality was quite good as well. I did many quality inspections working for Toyota. On this truck I only had the one door not shutting the last eighth of an inch. So pretty good really. Seems the average car has a little over one defect from factory, think that average was from jd power I’ve seen several times over the years.

You’ve been surrounded by Ford unicorns...NICE!

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score

How many miles on the Fords?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2021? Why did you guys make that decision. My dad wants one so can you let us know how you like it?

yes, 21. because they are pretty freaking incredible!! loaded with goodies. look pretty dang good. air ride. my wife is about as low maintanance as you could possibly ask for. she has two vices. new cars and Louie purses!! if you do the math, i am still ahead by a long shot!!!! she wants the caddy, she gets the caddy.