COP questions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
csdangerous

csdangerous

Reaction score
specs in the owners manual ? anyone know what they are off hand ? this will be new to me. haven't changed plugs on a modular motor yet. man i miss pushrods...

AskMeLater

Reaction score
ok...so #8 coil is shot...looked around and found a good price on plugs and coils at Rock Auto. anyone got any opinions on Denso coils with NGK plugs ?? 225 for all of it delivered to my house.

FWIW, I installed the Denso coils on my '03 when I bought it earlier this year. Purchased from RA. Have put almost 9000 miles on them with no issues to report. Also, they are made in the USA, which is nice!
5% discount code (if you don't already have one): 2547534523703518

OP
OP
csdangerous

csdangerous

Reaction score
thanks for the specs. and thanks for the RA discount code. now i'm just waiting for the fun part...changing those bastards...

OP
OP
csdangerous

csdangerous

Reaction score
Coils from Araparts, and 8 NGK Iridium plugs for 135 shipped to my door. All the reviews I read on the web and F150 forum were positive for Araparts coils. Hoping I get a good batch.

OP
OP
csdangerous

csdangerous

Reaction score
So...changed COPs and plugs. Disconnect battery to reset CEL. The pig is running great all the way to work. Leave work, CEL comes back on. Think maybe I didn't leave battery disconnected long enough. Try it again. 30 more miles, light comes back on. Busy at work, time goes by...2 weeks or so, I go and have code read again. EGR problem. I'm driving home and suddenly an epiphany ! Get under the hood at 10 at night with a flash light and what do I see. A small red hard line and a small green hard line pulled out of the way and not reconnected to EGR valve and whatever the hell the other part is. Reconnect and start driving. 3 drive cycles later, light is gone. Pig is running like a champ. Man I feel like a Melvin. Gotta love it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition