Correct PCV elbow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello everyone, a PCV elbow on my truck turned to crap so i built my own temporary one. But now its time for the right one. I want to make sure i order the correct part.. Thanks guys!

Heres the pics:

truck1.jpg

truck 3.jpg

:Rock on:

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly I would just go to Ford and get the entire assembly. The valve itself that plugs into the valve cover is pretty cheap, so it would not hurt to replace. It cost me about $40 at the stealership.

My elbow was more 90 degree shaped, but that means nothing as you have a totally different engine from a different era in the expy motor and they most likely changed small things like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DR3W

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealership sells a complete pcv kit? With all the little things?

Because the one elbow shown is the only part thats bad.

Thanks, btw

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Indeed they do

This is one I picked up for my 97 5.4.

Exped_01.jpg

I suspect the one to fit your truck will be slightly different, but the exact same idea...

OP
OP
DR3W

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh yeah duh, sorry i wasnt thinking clearly.. haha Thank you guys, ill get one this weekend!

I should prolly get a new valve soon too.......

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The valve will come as a part of that assembly pictured above. Its literally just a piece of plastic that sits over that hole visible in the pic until the positive pressure in the crank case forces it to float up and open.

OP
OP
DR3W

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The valve will come as a part of that assembly pictured above. Its literally just a piece of plastic that sits over that hole visible in the pic until the positive pressure in the crank case forces it to float up and open.

Thanks alot man!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani