Could a Raptor-fied Expedition Be in the Works? Just rec'ed this article!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool article but with the bronco on its way for 2020 and due to the fact they have promised it to be an off-road use SUV im doubting they'd do an off road oriented expedition. They have stated it's going to be a real bronco and not a sissy mobile. I was reading an article this morning Ford is working on an ecoboost V8 line (that would be sweet) for the future raptors and mustangs/ super duties. Some inside sources have said they are experimenting with turbocharging the 5.0 coyote to make an ecoboost version of it apparently. I am doubtful it would happen but who knows if we get a few years without a liberal president things might change. I'd think if they would put an ecoboost in the SD it would almost have to be a V8 so maybe the rumors are true. I know they have already done some supercharged 5.0s in the Shelby F150 when they made a few. I could see them offering a smaller V8 like the coyote with a turbo for the heavy dutys in the future.

Last edited: