Crooked Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewactual

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they sit in buckets/cups... they are easily disturbed when lifting, especially when tired... check the bitter end of the coil and make sure it's indexed correctly- it has it's proper place.

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the coils seem to be seated and straight. they are not bowed and they are resting in the short cup placed above them
and i do not have airbag suspension

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im really thinking the frame is twisted, even though the vehicle still drives perfectly straight.
i am able to slightly balance the vehicle back to sitting even by jacking up the opposite end.
it seems to be returning back to level slowly

this is my first time working with such a monumental load of steel, so i am doing things very cautiously

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, i think i have the proper solution for my dilemma. i need another jack. that way i can evenly jack up both sides of the frame railing together by alternating strokes of the jack on each side. as ridiculous as this may sound, its way better than jacking the differential. which really isn't designed to carry the weight of the vehicle on a single jackpoint

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
when I ran a alignment rack the first thing I would do is measure ride height and compare it to specs.

yes, i have been measuring the rear. i have worked to about half an inch off. which is half inch too many. it was perfectly level before i did this, the vehicle was immaculate, i am now really damn pissed.
there is a bolt which i believe holds onto the splash guard or maybe its the EB trim, but it provides a perfect point of measurement if you hold the butt of a tape measure against it and just pull the measure tape down plum against the tire

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the small bolt is located directly in the center of the wheel well, right under the eddie bauer wheel trim flange

it provides a perfect point of reference

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's not the proper way to measure ride height

the proper way is to measure from the center of the wheel hub to the lower edge of the fender directly above it.

this eliminates any variances in the tires

my guess is you have a sagging or weak spring

or possibly a rotted body mount

Last edited:

drewactual

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This guy is a total imbecile... he needs to start with lefty-loosey righty-tighty and don't throw information at him such as reverse threads just yet... wow.