Cruise and Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brickman

Reaction score
I have a 98 Eddie. I had the jumper replaced during the recall several years ago. I worked fine before it was "fixed". It hasn't worked since. Everything else worked fine until a few weeks ago. My horn stopped working. It works with the FOB but not if you depress it o the steering wheel. Everything is pointing to the clock spring but why would the horn work all this time if the cruise didn't?

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I removed my cruse 5+ years ago and my horn stopped im not sure when but I haven't cared enough to fix it

radar

Reaction score
My cruise didn't work & my horn blew when you pressed the cruise buttons on my 02.
Change the pressure switch on the master cyl. now everything work fine.
Unplug that sw. and jumper the plug and give it a try.

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 00 or 01 navigator that the clock spring went bad in... The cruise was out completely when I purchased it, but the horn "faded" The sound started to get weaker and weaker, and you had to hit the steering wheel harder as time progressed. Fixed the clock spring and both were fixed.

Hope that helps.