CSP 23B62 - 2023 Expedition built 7-20-2023 to 8-16-2023; 2023 Navigator built 7-20-2023 to 8-9-2023; With 3.5L Engine - Engine Long Block Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewgost

Reaction score
In the first case - I filed through binding arbitration through the BBB AutoLine Program - required at the time by state law. I presented the case myself. I won and chose a refund + tax (14 separate defects in the first 4,000 miles and in shop more than 30 days).
I was curious did you take the Dealership or GM to arbitration through BBB Autoline as well as court with the lawyer?
So far Ford has told me I do not qualify for a Buy Back, I have spoken to an attorney but have not heard back. I am going to look into the BBB Autoline process.

Thanks for all of your help

Drew

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was curious did you take the Dealership or GM to arbitration through BBB Autoline as well as court with the lawyer?
So far Ford has told me I do not qualify for a Buy Back, I have spoken to an attorney but have not heard back. I am going to look into the BBB Autoline process.

Thanks for all of your help

Drew

In my state - the action must be brought against the manufacturer. The dealer is not involved in the action.

With the first action (BBB Autoline binding arbitration), I had to return the vehicle to the purchasing dealer to receive a refund after the binding order was issued against GM.

In both of my cases (BBB Autoline & court action), it was against GM.

The second case (court action) never reached a court filing, as GM quickly agreed to replace the vehicle once my attorney contacted them and sent them the necessary paperwork (proving that the car was a lemon and eligible for replacement or repurchase).

Note that in my first case - the BBB Autoline program was mandated by my state’s lemon law. The program decision was binding upon the manufacturer, but not binding upon the consumer. Later, the law was strengthened for the consumer and a court process was specified when the law was amended.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my state - the action must be brought against the manufacturer. The dealer is not involved in the action.

With the first action (BBB Autoline binding arbitration), I had to return the vehicle to the purchasing dealer to receive a refund after the binding order was issued against GM.

In both of my cases (BBB Autoline & court action), it was against GM.

The second case (court action) never reached a court filing, as GM quickly agreed to replace the vehicle once my attorney contacted them and sent them the necessary paperwork (proving that the car was a lemon and eligible for replacement or repurchase).

Note that in my first case - the BBB Autoline program was mandated by my state’s lemon law. The program decision was binding upon the manufacturer, but not binding upon the consumer. Later, the law was strengthened for the consumer and a court process was specified when the law was amended.
For my own knowledge. In the second case where you used the attorney. Did you use an attorney specializing in "Lemon Law" cases or your regular attorney? What did it cost you in fees and were they reimbursed by GM as part of the settlement?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For my own knowledge. In the second case where you used the attorney. Did you use an attorney specializing in "Lemon Law" cases or your regular attorney? What did it cost you in fees and were they reimbursed by GM as part of the settlement?

In the second case, I used an attorney that specialized in consumer law and the state’s lemon law. The lemon law had been strengthened in my state and the BBB AutoLine was no longer being used. The law provides for a full refund (including tax, sales fees, and any interest paid on a loan) OR a new vehicle - the consumer’s choice.

It did not cost me any legal fees as my state’s lemon law requires the manufacturer pay the consumer’s legal fees if they prevail (the law provides for reasonable legal fees but I’m not sure what amount that is).

I did a no-cost consultation via phone, and based upon my explanation, they determined my vehicle did quality as a lemon in my state (it qualified under several of four separate criteria for a lemon). I offered to come to the law office but they said a phone consultation was easier.

Then, before they would proceed, I had to provide copies of all vehicle documentation (purchase contract, title, purchase payment proof, copies of repair orders, etc.).

I put copies of everything is an indexed binder and sent it to the attorney. Their office was about 40 - 50 miles from where I lived and I simply sent it to them via Priority Mail. I did not contact GM or the dealer. I think they sent me paperwork in the mail or by email that I had sign and also return.

The attorney contacted GM and then at some point, contacted me (it was rather quickly) and said GM had agreed to replace the vehicle and pay their fees. I had opted for a new car as my wife wanted another of the same model.

GM had us go through the selling dealer (where I had done business for years) and they used their vehicle locator to find the same model as we were replacing - but it was the next model year due to the timing of the issue. If I recall correctly - the dealer called me and said GM had instructed them to replace the car?

The dealer picked up the car from another dealer and we got the new car, turning in the old (lemon) car to them. The process was very easy. I still do business with the same dealer (a small, family-owned dealership).

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the second case, I used an attorney that specialized in consumer law and the state’s lemon law. The lemon law had been strengthened in my state and the BBB AutoLine was no longer being used. The law provides for a full refund (including tax, sales fees, and any interest paid on a loan) OR a new vehicle - the consumer’s choice.

It did not cost me any legal fees as my state’s lemon law requires the manufacturer pay the consumer’s legal fees if they prevail (the law provides for reasonable legal fees but I’m not sure what amount that is).

I did a no-cost consultation via phone, and based upon my explanation, they determined my vehicle did quality as a lemon in my state (it qualified under several of four separate criteria for a lemon). I offered to come to the law office but they said a phone consultation was easier.

Then, before they would proceed, I had to provide copies of all vehicle documentation (purchase contract, title, purchase payment proof, copies of repair orders, etc.).

I put copies of everything is an indexed binder and sent it to the attorney. Their office was about 40 - 50 miles from where I lived and I simply sent it to them via Priority Mail. I did not contact GM or the dealer. I think they sent me paperwork in the mail or by email that I had sign and also return.

The attorney contacted GM and then at some point, contacted me (it was rather quickly) and said GM had agreed to replace the vehicle and pay their fees. I had opted for a new car as my wife wanted another of the same model.

GM had us go through the selling dealer (where I had done business for years) and they used their vehicle locator to find the same model as we were replacing - but it was the next model year due to the timing of the issue. If I recall correctly - the dealer called me and said GM had instructed them to replace the car?

The dealer picked up the car from another dealer and we got the new car, turning in the old (lemon) car to them. The process was very easy. I still do business with the same dealer (a small, family-owned dealership).
Thanks, very helpful. I think in another of your posts you mentioned the state, MI or MA?