Custom Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well alot of people have been asking about custom tuning but nobody seems to want to try any.........:nopity:

People running custom Sniper tunes speak up about your level of satisfaction with the product.

Matt R

Wed Turner

Reaction score
It's too expensive. I can get a tuner from SCT for $100 and I don't need a laptop to run it. That doesn't even include your price for the tunes.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm happy :) Matt has done both a custom tune for my 2003 Expedition, as well as my parent's 2001 F250 PSD (you can tune two cars with the Sniper package.)

It's fun to drive, yet docile enough to where my mom can drive it without doing anything crazy. If only I could convince my parents to get gauges and an exhaust system, the F250 might be even more fun to drive :D MPG seems to have gone up (no exact measurements yet) so my parents are happy.

As for the Expedition, driveability has gotten better. Power went up (you have to remember I have the 4.6) And, apparently, with my tune, I can use ethanol....if they ever build a station down here.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wed Turner
It's too expensive. I can get a tuner from SCT for $100 and I don't need a laptop to run it. That doesn't even include your price for the tunes.
100 dollars? Where?
And you only need the computer to load tunes off the internet or produce your own, the box works by itself once the tunes are loaded on it. I also address much more than WOT power which nobody else really touches.

Matt R

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd definitely do it. But right now, I'm doing the cosmetic work to my expo before I work on the engine. But when I do, I will definitely make sure to hit you up.

OP
OP
G

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No offense taken.... There are several options starting at $375 for a single vehicle with two files (one 87 and one 93 octane).

Matt R

Randy_the_Hack

Reaction score
OK... so I'll bite. Matt (or anyone else)... my dad has an '05 4x4 XLT. He's wanting to eek out as much gas mileage as possible, and it looks like that involves a custom tune.

What do I do here? What's the process, who do we pay, and how much? I have a Predator tune for my Duramax, so I understand the process in general, but I gather that the process is more complicated than just selecting a particular tune to be applied. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, Matt... I tried to PM you but your box is full, which (as I understand it) is pretty much status quo. :)

OP
OP
G

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no my box isn't full but i think the moderators have it blocked or something. I want to be a paying sponsor on this site but can't get a reply out of anyone......

send me an email to [email protected]

Yes it is just like loading a predator tune but you can update the programmer via USB and your computer....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1