Cylinder #4 Dead miss...Please Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

350jeepcj5

Reaction score
ok here is an update, on the way home from work the missing stopped and it was running as it should. just for ***** and grins i switched the #4 injector with number one to see if it would follow the injector, drove it for about 30 miles no issue so far

OP
OP

350jeepcj5

Reaction score
Well good new guys! p0301!!! it seems to have followed the injector, now which injectors to buy?? I have heard about these 3rd gen injectors are they any better than stock?

semperfi96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well good new guys! p0301!!! it seems to have followed the injector, now which injectors to buy?? I have heard about these 3rd gen injectors are they any better than stock?

how long did it take to throw a code? Mine is doing the same thing. I have a new fuel pump filter all plugs and coils but still a miss

qcksnake

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to add this for the CYL #4 misfire guys. There are 2 notorious issues with these vehicles on cyl # 4, Besides the plug coming loose and launching out like Toms89 eluded to. CYL 4 is under the heater core hosses. If you have a leak at the core, core lines, or the t-connectors for those expies that have rear heat/air the water will seep or leak down and make its way into cyl #4 causing a misfire. The 2nd issue is the intake gaskets can (seen it a few times) leak coolant at the back. A very slow leak, not even enough to notice coolant missing in the overflow can cause misfires here. Oddly enough they always leak on the passenger side! The only way to find it is to pressurize the coolant system.

Just FYI>

nsperf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am late to the party but my bet was on the injector post a compression check.

Either your local auto part store or try rock auto online.

You can buy them individually