Cylinder 5 mis plus random misfire. Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trucker14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got my 06 scanned. Cylinder 5 mis. Sounds good. Come home and swap cylinder 5 with cylinder 1 coil. Take it out and drive it hard to get CEL light back on. It flashed but then stayed on solid this time. Went back to parts store, scanned it, STILL cylinder 5 mis, along with multiple random cylinder misfires.

Thoughts? I'm about to just utilize the warranty and it's 250 dollar deductible right now bc I don't have time to go chasing down a random misfire.

Also it only physical acts up at wide open throttle. I can accelerate hard but only when I floor it does it actually show bad hesitation like would be caused from misfires. It actually has a hard time accelerating if I floor it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Possibly a problem with the wiring and not the coil or plug
Check the connector at the coil and make sure the contact points are clean and tight

Also could be an injector problem Check the fuel pressure at the rail.

OP
OP
Trucker14

Trucker14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I'm starting to lean towards an injector now too. Just makes sense. When it's driving normal it's fine, but when I demand for a lot of fuel to be sent to the engine by flooring it, that's when it hesitates.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986