Dark mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Expy Limited Stealth.... I've heard rumors you can enable a "dark mode" via option codes w Forscan ? I would like a way to disable all lighting when parked and opening/closing doors and the hatch... As is, this SUV is WAY too bright to use at an Astronomy event.... My last bunch of cars could pretty easily be made completely dark, and I like to use the trunk area as my "desk", holding my eyepieces and other stuff

If this dark mode exists can it be switched on and off from the dashboard?

Mack444

Reaction score
This dome light button kills most of my lights…haven’t checked to see if it does what you are describing though…?IMG_4962.jpeg

Deep8174

Reaction score
I’ve tried this with forscan and forgot which menu it was in to revert it back to default. I put it back to its normal configuration because it also kept my dome lights off (at all times) which in my case I did not want. It took a while to figure it out and I still don’t remember. The only thing I can recall is it’s in either the BCM or APIM menus. From what I know you can’t switch this on/off from the dashboard unfortunately. Could be different with your model though.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My tail and parking lights come on when I open a door, along with puddle lights under the side mirrors.
That is going to be a FORScan thing,
Many threads on this subject put dark mode in the search box top right of this page.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes it is a feature in Forscan and very easy to enable/disable. I personally prefer the lighting, but many don't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani