Dash Lights Blinking

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by LVExpedition, Sep 17, 2012.

1. LVExpedition

LVExpedition Member

Hello, I am new to the site and just needed to see if you guys could maybe help with my problem. I have a 98 Expedition XLT. Just got it from a dealer down town. Just recently I had to take the dash under the steering wheel to adjust the park lever. Shortly after I started to get a weird blinking (every 2 seconds or so) going on and off on and off. Thought maybe I knocked something loose while I was under there. Checked it out everything was okay. Still continuing, two days ago I thought I would take another look, I noticed that there was a shock sensor underneath the dash and every time I touched it the flashing would occur. I did the logical thing and I just unplugged it. No alarm ever went off and there was no remote for it. It stopped for a day. Now its back again and I don't understand what it could be. All the alarm stuff is disconnected. But I am now noticing it only does it after I shut ignition off and let it sit roughly 2 min... Can someone help me?!?!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. eightball353

eightball353 New Member

I am having a similar problem with my 99 xlt. i went to start it this morning and it turned over for a second then stopped. It will not start. With the key out of the ignition and the door open it continuously flashes the interior lights and i hear a clicking noise coming from the fusebox area inside the vehicle.

3. hectik

hectik New Member

I am having the same problem with the noises. Have you found out what it is ?

4. lothario

lothario New Member

me too. 2000 expedition.

Mine started after a dead battery due to dome light being left on. The key won't turn the starter, but it can be started crossing over at the solenoid. It almost seems like the alarm going off, except I don't have a horn to really know for sure.