Dial Shifter - Let Me Vent!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of wasted air here, lol. However, I prefer the knob over the stick and I'm old too, drove 4 on the floor for years.
I also like the button start over the key. Maybe we should start another thread about that;):D

Last edited:

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As the current owner of my fourth Expedition I'm going to grant myself the privilege of commenting on the #%&$# buttons on my 2020 Lincoln. They Suck!

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Truth. And it's easy to shift into neutral. Turn dial to N and follow the direction on the screen and push the M button. Do it every time I go to the car wash.
Now go look up how you do it if you have a dead battery.

Here you go.

Stay in Neutral Mode - Console Shifter - No Start
Use this feature to move your transmission from the park (P) position in the event of a no start situation. If your vehicle has a dead battery, it requires an external power source. Do not tow your vehicle in this mode.
Note: This feature only functions if your 12 volt battery has power and the starter can spin the engine. If vehicle battery voltage is not sufficient, it could need an external 12 volt power source, for example, jumper cables, battery charger or jump pack, for this feature to function.
Note: Once in this mode, maintain sufficient battery voltage or your vehicle returns to park.
WARNING WARNING: When doing this procedure, you need to take the transmission out of park (P) which means your vehicle can roll freely. To avoid unwanted vehicle movement, always fully apply the parking brake prior to doing this procedure. Use wheels chocks if appropriate.

Do not press the brake pedal. Press the Start/Stop button.
Fully press down on the brake pedal. Keep the brakes applied through step 6.
Press the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold through step 6.
Rotate transmission selector to Neutral (N) and press the manual (M) button.
Press and release the push to start button, the transmission needs a minimum of 2 seconds to exit park.
When neutral (N) displays, you can release the brake and accelerator pedals.
To exit Stay in Neutral mode, select a different gear.
A message appears in your information display screen when your vehicle has entered Stay in Neutral mode.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You do realize there are no actual cables connecting the shifter to the trans anymore even with a column or console shift lever so this process will be the same regardless..

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the setup in my 2023 F-150 STX. It’s got the column shifter and a full center console. The STX is a rather basic trim, I optioned the center console, locking axle, and 5.0. It’s one of the hacks of this trim, yes the center console is an upcharge….but you can get it and it keeps the column shifter. The Lariats etc have no choice, they are forced to take the console shifter and they lose an acre of space that I have for chips, keys, sunglasses, etc lol.
IMG_3595.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire