Distance Indication Feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never mind I found what I was looking for.

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I didn't know that Forscan was updated and could now write to IPC. Now I have everything like I want it!

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I didn't know that Forscan was updated and could now write to IPC. Now I have everything like I want it!
I'm also pleased that the IPC can now be modified in Forscan. In the table below, any idea what FFV means? The other acronyms seems to be explained in the post #10 except for FFV. I think I need option "B" to enable Forward Distance Alert but wanted to confirm what FFV meant.

2018-01-21_10-28-10-png.23434

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm also pleased that the IPC can now be modified in Forscan. In the table below, any idea what FFV means? The other acronyms seems to be explained in the post #10 except for FFV. I think I need option "B" to enable Forward Distance Alert but wanted to confirm what FFV meant.

2018-01-21_10-28-10-png.23434

I wasn’t sure what it meant either, but mine was set at 7 originally so I used B to keep them both enabled.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cant get this to work on my 2018 Platinum. Any ideas? Changed 7 to B and nothing...Forscan gave me a checksum error but I hit yes anyway.

*Update: Duh. Got it going. I forgot to go in the settings on the dash and select distance indication under the pre-collision settings.

Not sure if I'll keep this enabled as it doesn't seem to work well. Maybe why it's disabled from the factory? I had the yellow color show up a couple of times after riding the ass of the car in front of me, but it doesn't seem very consistent. I tried it a few times from the same distance and the same speed, but the yellow color didn't show up unless I let off the gas pedal.

I need to test it out on the highway. I was only going about 45-50 mph on some smaller neighborhood roads for the above test.

Last edited:

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody have a 5 Star tune loaded and had success with Forscan updates? I loaded Forscan 2.3.29 with the extended license and when I try to connect to my PCM it says it doesn't recognize the PCM and to enter the PCM part number, etc. Hoping I don't have to revert to the stock tune file before being able to make Forscan updates.

Johnb21

Reaction score
That's also an IPC setting:
View attachment 34808

also another one if you are usually travelling with a passenger / cold / remote start. you can heat the passenger seat too:
720-02-02 - 1st digit of second block:
View attachment 34809

Sorry newbie here to Forscan. I have downloaded the beta version, have the obdlinkEX cable and connected to the truck...just not sure how to get to the menu option you have screen captured above. thank you for the help!!

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry newbie here to Forscan. I have downloaded the beta version, have the obdlinkEX cable and connected to the truck...just not sure how to get to the menu option you have screen captured above. thank you for the help!!

Click on IPC (AS BUILT Format) hit the play button GREEN ARROW at the bottom of forscan. Not my pictures below but this it what it should look like.

The remote start climate changes are in APIM

Read this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

5O-Yyya2fNc3rCLPHm-ro41jneRFi7HW0f34DKfPI4uN_1XZsYh6dpFTWiuiS2B8_habaN0_l_ZVjewn4R_sJbvr0KwB6UAsp40GrC8L-mb-RUYHWOJbV6ovEITVrtK1MX9b5Q

Last edited:

Johnb21

Reaction score
Click on IPC (AS BUILT Format) hit the play button GREEN ARROW at the bottom of forscan. Not my pictures below but this it what it should look like.

The remote start climate changes are in APIM

Read this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

5O-Yyya2fNc3rCLPHm-ro41jneRFi7HW0f34DKfPI4uN_1XZsYh6dpFTWiuiS2B8_habaN0_l_ZVjewn4R_sJbvr0KwB6UAsp40GrC8L-mb-RUYHWOJbV6ovEITVrtK1MX9b5Q

Oh thank you! The tutorial is very helpful. I was only able to get into the "easy programming" mode yesterday. I will try again tonight, now that I better understand how to open up configurations. Appreciate it!!!