Does this look like it jumped time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItsAndy

Reaction score
So, I'm in the middle of doing the timing job on my 2006 Expedition.

I've got everything off, and I was hoping to lock the cams and just disassemble and re-assemble, but now I'm concerned by the look of this.

First of all, it looks like the phasers are on the wrong side. Chain marks line up with the R on the left side (drivers) and the L on the right side (passenger).

They don't quite line up but they kind of line up, off by a tooth each.

I was hoping to not have to pull out all of the roller followers and the spark plugs to time this thing, but since the timing marks are off of the (wrong) phaser marks, I'm a bit concerned about doing it that way. Reason I'm doing the job is because the timing was way off because (for sure) the drivers side phaser is bad.

SO, what do I do? Lock the cams, replace the phasers with the correct side and re-assemble the chains or pull out all the followers and time it the way it should be done?

Here's pictures....

KpFTfDI

That's the driver's side despite it having the R lining up with the timing marks.

Bl0vofP

That's the passenger side despite the L lining up with the chain mark.

VMGUYvo

This is the position of the crank at the time I took the pictures.