Door ajar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flightstopper

Reaction score
Sometimes my door ajar light comes on and the interior light stays on till i pick up speed. I e slammed all doors and rear hatch but it wont go off. Any tricks? If the interior light would not come on i wouldnt care. Its a 98

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As long as the door is closing completly about all you can do is spray some silicone spray on the door switch. They can get sticky sometimes. If that doesn't work it probably needs to be replaced and if that still doesn't work than you've got broken wire somewhere in that massive wire loom ford decided to run into the doors. It's more common of a problem than you'd think but judging by what you described it sounds more like a switch issue to me.

96mustangV6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes this is a common problem.

I searched and found that if you spray wd40 in all the latches. Best with a hose on can untill it runs out bottom of door. Then open and close a few times. Then spray with a silcone spray it fixes it. Mine got to where it never shut off. Did this and fixed instantly.