Shift from park, all doors ajar, lift gate buttons dont work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qouzzy

Reaction score
I am just finishing replacing the evaporator core on my 2010 Expedition Eddy Bouer. I've got it mostly put back together and I think I've left something disconnected or maybe broke a wire. Here is what is going on. The shift lever won't allow me to take it out of park, even with the brake pedal depressed, all the doors are reported as ajar including the lift gate glass even when closed and the buttons on the lift gate don't work (they don't open the gate nor glass). The parking break light also does not illuminate when the parking brake is on.

I've looked around for disconnected or broken wires under the dash. Cant find any. I've checked the brake sensor by observing the tail light. It is working. I've tested for voltage at the shift selectlr. It does not change voltage when I apply brake. Other electrical components are working from the shift selsector (illumination and steering wheel lock actuator is being deactivated) however. I've checked fuses. They are fine.

Any thoughts on what it might be?

OP
OP
Q

qouzzy

Reaction score
Alrighty...I don't know how I got this to work, but I hate reading through threads to never find a resolution. I took a break for the night and went out the next morning, tried it again and it was working. All I can figure is that I got a little water in the actuator when I wiped it off with a rag and it dries out over night because I literally did nothing different the next morning. Or the car gods heard my pleading. It just started working.

I wish I could teach y'all some cool trick, but all I've got is that sometimes you just need to sleep on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire