Door keypad numbers look terrable so I printed vinyl stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried last night to see if I could see the numbers, only to find out the light that is behind mine is pitiful. It needs cleaning or something. I guess that means I have to remove the whole door panel.
So... Can I get some ...[emoji2]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yesterday I forgot about the numbers on the keypad and I pressure washed the expy, but they are still there.
So far so good.

Not sure about a car wash that uses brushes. Those of you that bought them let me know if there is a problem.

I wasn't sure about them sticking to the soft buttons.

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I printed a few more.

I cleaned my buttons with alcohol and used the tip of a box cutter blade to place them on the buttons. I dont recommend using your fingers. To small, plus you dont want any finger oil on the back.
It is possible to use some MEK or xylene to completely remove the old numbers for a even cleaner and smoother button.

38809448802_74e52d6d44_b.jpg
So did you remove the old buttons or just clean them and apply the new ones over them?

Can you elaborate on removing them with the MEK or xylene?

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried last night to see if I could see the numbers, only to find out the light that is behind mine is pitiful. It needs cleaning or something. I guess that means I have to remove the whole door panel.

It looks like you used a 4 mil white vinyl. I would think if tried a clear vinyl you would have a better shot at the light shinning through. Just a thought.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
34Ford
Thanks I got mine in the mail [emoji16]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the labels. I cleaned the old buttons with alcohol .
I gave them a coat of 3M Primer 94 that I have used for installing decals and place the new labels over the old.
IMG_4643.jpg
Turned out good, but not perfect with my 75 year old shakes.
IMG_4642.jpg

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can print on clear if anyone wants it that way, but you would definitely need to remove the old numbers.

I mentioned MEK or xylene is what it may take to remove the old numbers. Regular alcohol only cleaned it.

Looks good Scoot.

I used the tip of a box cutter to slide under the numbers and then I rested my hand on the door while I carefully placed them. Could also use the tip of a pointed knife.