Door Latch or Door Lock Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogerbain

Reaction score
2010 Limited...When I try to close the rear passenger door, the latch will not secure, and the door will remain "open". The latch isn't frozen as I can move the latch approximately 180 degrees with little effort using a screw driver.

I'm a novice at best, so my question is do I replace the latch, door lock actuator, or something else? I can't seem to find just a latch (p/n 21812/21813) The door lock button will go up and down if I use the switch.

upload_2016-12-9_16-28-55.png

upload_2016-12-9_16-29-38.png

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A suggestion - is it possible the latch in the door has been "tripped" and must be reset by pulling the exterior or interior door handle, and having a helper move the latch to the open position?

I know you said you can move the latch - ensure that it is lubricated well (white lithium grease).

Try resetting the latch and then close the door to see if it works.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't figure out how to edit my post. (After I posted this 2nd reply - the edit button mysteriously appeared on both posts.....).

You would replace item #3 on the diagram (latch) if you feel the current one is defective. I have replace the door latch on other vehicles, but not an Expedition (I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4).

OP
OP
R

rogerbain

Reaction score
I have tried resetting the latch with no success...Wasn't sure if there was some electronics controlling the latch. Thanks

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You replace them both. Its a set when you order it so you just swap it out with the old one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger