door locks go crazy when i turn the key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe you want to buy both the starter motor and new solenoid? Cables?

When you put on the new starter etc be sure to clean the connections at every point with sandpaper etc and get em all shiny. Make sure the parts, washers, nuts and connections to the battery AND GROUND are clean and tight.

OP
OP
bigwick70

bigwick70

Full Access Members
Reaction score
shew that was the first starter i ever took off a ford...was a ***** to get outta there...my last truck was a chevy s-10 89 4x4 and it ate a starter about once a year but wasnt a prob to replace...i hated selling that truck was a little mountian goat in these hills lol...i still luv my expy better though im just afraid of scratchin her all to hell in the mountians here...

OP
OP
bigwick70

bigwick70

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i got my girl going. HOTT DAM:biggrin:... I really appreciate the help guys. couldnt have done it without you all. never in my life seen a starter cause the electric system to go crazy like that, and ive changed 100 starters. Think ill go back in the mountians to celebrate lmao. Later fellas and thanks again

OP
OP
bigwick70

bigwick70

Full Access Members
Reaction score
same ol thing again

ut oh... this morning the ol lady took my son to school and she said the truck did the exact same thing for two trys and then started normally... I hope theres not something else causing the starters to mess up? what do you guys think? Its doing ok 4 now though:beatdeadhorse5:

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
She turned the key and "nothing" then she turned the key and "nothing" then she turned the key and it started?

Did you only replace the start motor or did you also replace the solenoid?

It could be the switch but that wouldn't be my first guess.

OP
OP
bigwick70

bigwick70

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no she turned the key and crazy door locks ..key again, crazy door locks...key again started. i replaced solenoid and all.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Call a priest?

Do you have any add-on stuff in the truck like an alarm? Key fobs? Is this a bare key? Does this happen with more than one key?

OP
OP
bigwick70

bigwick70

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no accesaries. only one key and not sure what a key fob is lol. it seems fine at the moment. ill give it a day or two and see how it goes. might have bought a bum new starter. its possible i guess.