Door: Rubber Seals and Wetaher Stripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockunlimited2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tascaparts.com has them, but they're still expensive, 40-50 per part.

I oreded from Tascaparts.com on 2/21. They took my money on 2/22, then sent me an eamil saying they could not find my VIN, I confirmed the VIN on my dash, in the door frame, and on my insurance card. I replyed three times with the VIN on three seperate emails. They then told me that I needed another part # and it would be $15 more. This is after they told me they could not find my VIN. How would they find a "Correct part #" if they could not find my VIN, and why does their site show the exact part and part number that I ordered for the part I need. Stay away from these rip-off-artists. I will be filing a claim with Pay-Pal and posting on evey forum I can fine. Hopefully I can cost them thousands in parts sales.

Rockunlimited2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See my other Tasca thread. Josh from Tasca got this issue fixed. The surgical tubing would have worked, but I ripped the outside of the weather strip on one of the corners, now the rattle is still gone, but the wind noise is bad. just ordered a new one.

clok1966

Reaction score
recently did all this with mine. The tubing inside the old weatherstrip helped but didnt eliminat the noise. As if you pull in the top of door and it get 'less" ad my weather stirip was all good I used a hint from here of some other f-150 board. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE OF YOUR ABILITY--- this could damage the door-----

take a motorcycle tie down ratchet strap,roll down your window. connect the strat pat top front corner of door, run it to the door latch on passanger door (or something in that area that is EXTREMELY SOLID then close the effected door on a basketball (or something that wont damage the car or door) but will keep it open 6-10 inchs.. then slowly tweek the top of the door by ratching the strap tight.. this is VERY slow carefull work.. you will need to go past where you want oyur end resault to be. My door required the top to be pulled in les then thickness of 2 quarters.. but it made all the differance in the world.. no wind wistle at all like passanger side now..

AGAIN-- THIS CAN DAMAGE DOOR BADLY IF DONE WRONG so be carefull if you attempt it..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpember1990