Drain for sunroof still leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The drain for my sunroof is still leaking. I have tried to blow it out a couple of times. I now think I need to take my A pillar apart to check the drainage tube to make sue it is connected right. Has anyone done this?

OP
OP
B

Butch Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score

amahay

Reaction score
is the leak above the passenger pillar? I ran a piece of # 12 wire through my drain hose and that wasnt the problem. i took loose the headliner and looked towards the sun roof and you will be able to see some daylight. It looks like about a 1 inch slit. that was the cause of my leak problem. just need to calk itshut with some silicone. the slit is towwards the front, by the drain hole.

Hasco333

Reaction score
I have a 2004 expo which had a sunroof leak. I took it to the dealer to fix the problem. They cleaned the drains, no good. They then had the car for three days while they water tested it. Turned out it wasn't the drains but one of the seals. Mine was leaking over the second row seat coming out of the dome light. My point is, you might have a different problem other then the drains. It has not been a problem in over a year. Good Luck