Drivers Door Doesn't Unlock with Remote, Keypad, Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I searched around but didn't find anything like this so if I missed it just direct me to it.

My Drivers Side Door will only unlock with the key or by pulling the inside door handle. The keypad doesn't unlock it, the unlock button on the arm rest doesn't unlock it, and single or double tapping the remote unlock doesn't unlock it. It does not appear to be moving when I use any of the above nor does it lock when I press 7/9 on the keypad, hit the arm rest lock button, or use the remote lock.

The Button does go up and down when I use my key in the door and it locks and unlocks. If locked and I pull the inside door handle it unlocks and the button goes up.

Thoughts or things to check/try?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably just a bad door lock actuator on the driver's door. They wear out, especially the driver's door unit.

Here's a how to video if you're interested in doing it yourself.

Motorcraft part number is 6L3Z25218A43AA, and they're about $40 over at Rock Auto. I would stick with a Motorcraft part in this application.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...4.6l+v8,1411108,body,door+lock+actuator,13257

That was going to be my first suggestion as well. Although being the electrician I am I would check all of my plug connections first to insure something hasn't come loose over the years. The window buttons stopped working on my expys driver door one day and it turned out to be a loose plug. But I digress.