Drivers Mirror Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bodaggit

Reaction score
I have a 2013 EL Limited with the power folding mirrors. My wife was backing out of the garage and misjudged the distance and cracked the glass on the drivers mirror. I've been looking online for replacement glass, but there seems to be a significant cost difference between the one labeled Heated spotter and one labeled Power Fold spotter. Is there a difference? They both seem to have the same connectors.

Thanks.

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not really an answer to your specific question, but I used something like this once on the wife's Maxima and was very happy with the results. I left the old broken mirror in place and applied this right on top. Worked really well. No distortion like I expected I might find, and you couldn't even tell it wasn't the factory mirror. I intended it to be a temporary repair until I could get to a junk yard, but this worked so well it ended up being a permanent repair for at least a few years before we eventually got rid of the car.

Untitled-1.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With that you lose your auto dim function though. I’d get the one that says powerfold because there are heated mirrors without powerfold but all powerfold Expy mirrors have heat.

OP
OP
B

Bodaggit

Reaction score
With that you lose your auto dim function though. I’d get the one that says powerfold because there are heated mirrors without powerfold but all powerfold Expy mirrors have heat.

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought about the auto dim and that's most likely the difference in price.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Oddly enough I discovered this was not true. I had a similar scenario and got one on ebay that was marked power fold. Turned out it was not heated, which in the northeast, is not good.