Driving lights behind grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. What size are the lights & what did you attach them to?

Thanks.

SG1NUT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The lights are 6" round. I mounted them to the flat area directly behind the grille. All I had to do was drill a hole and drop the mounting bolt down through the hole. Definitely be careful taking the grille on and off though. I only broke it 2 times. Here is a picture that shows the area a bit better.
102_2447.jpg

M

MobyDick

SN1NUT - that is a nice installation. I just printed your pic and want to show it to my dealer so they know what I am talking about. Are those Hella 500s per chance? Nice job....

I have a Colgan bra on my 04 w/ a grille screen. Wonder if that will interfere too much with the light output. I basically just want the amber fogs on a separate switch to use as DRLs so maybe it would be ok.

SG1NUT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, the lights are not Hellas. They are just cheap lights from Pepboys. They're decent, but not even close to the quality of more expensive lights.