DRL -dash lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Here is one to scratch your head over....can I tap the wire for the dash lights so they come on with the key? with the limo tint on the windows, I have a hard time seeing the gauges...thought it would be easier to see if they were on like some of the new cars...

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Chappy, if you have the sunroof module, then this can be a very easy modification. All you would need to do is to add in a diode that ran from the pink wire in the overhead console to the blue/red wire for the switch lights. That would give you maximium dash lighting any time the truck was turned on.

But, if you don't have that, then what you need to do is to open up your glove box and locate the light fixture there. You should see a black wire and a light green/orange wire. You want to tap into the light green/orange wire and run a new wire over to the headlight switch. You will want to tap the other end of this wire to the black/red wire there. From there, you will have full control of the dimmer and any time the truck is turned on, the dash lights are going to be on.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Thermo...can I us the wire to the light thats in my slide in cup holder? or does it hace to be the on at the glove box...

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Chappy, you can use any of the lights that come on with the rest of the dash. I was just figuring that the glove box light would be an easy one to access.