drop kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

novaford1

Reaction score
hey i was browsing the web when i found a site that sells a 2inch drop kit for the 1st gens.... do any1 have their truck lowered and do u think its a good idea

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, what is the point in lowering a 4wd truck? I don't get it, if it was 2wd then no problem, but why lower a 4wd?

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, what is the point in lowering a 4wd truck? I don't get it, if it was 2wd then no problem, but why lower a 4wd?

I lowered mine 4x4 8" because im not planning on bashing it out in the woods but I do take it out on the sand or in the snow and mine is supercharged so on cold or wet days its nice to have the 4WD for traction.

gharris129

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea i wont lower my truck but there are those who live in snowy areas dont want to jump into there ride. think of it as an all wheel drive mega station wagon for a large mom or dad and a large family. not that outlandish really. i have been toying with the idea of buying one for the wife if i ever get around to lifting mine so she has an tru utility vehicle. also lots of people think it looks cool.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just personally always liked the lowered look better, its all just personal preference. Plus my 4wd hadn't worked in a long time so it wasn't a big loss

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for some ppl...if they really need a ride...sometimes that the only option...thats like asking SOL why he lifted his truck when he lives in the middle of tampa...never got it dirty...never in mud...only parks and beaches...

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for some ppl...if they really need a ride...sometimes that the only option...thats like asking SOL why he lifted his truck when he lives in the middle of tampa...never got it dirty...never in mud...only parks and beaches...

Sol was in Ft. Lauderdale area unless his posts were lying. :biggrin:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok JT, I can understand since your 4X4 doesn't work, I live in FL and I would still find places to use my 4wd. Beach was not one of them. LOL :D I know it is personal preference I just don't see the point in lowering a 4X4. That is just me. Unless you lower it so much you have to use 4wd to get over a speed bump. LMAO

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol I only lowered it because the wheel gap looked horrible on big rims. And with how big these trucks are, my lowered height still has more ground clearance than most vehicles