DTC P2098

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carl Keef Jr

Reaction score
My check engine light came on recently and it indicated a problem with an O2 sensor. So I replaced all 4 O2 sensors. My 2010 Expedition has 184,000 miles on it, so I figured while I was under there, I would just change them all. The check engine light went away and it drove without issue for about a week. But now I'm getting a code P2098 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 2. I checked for exhaust leaks but didn't find any. Any suggestions for what to check or do next would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
C

Carl Keef Jr

Reaction score
My check engine light came on recently and it indicated a problem with an O2 sensor. So I replaced all 4 O2 sensors. My 2010 Expedition has 184,000 miles on it, so I figured while I was under there, I would just change them all. The check engine light went away and it drove without issue for about a week. But now I'm getting a code P2098 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 2. I checked for exhaust leaks but didn't find any. Any suggestions for what to check or do next would be greatly appreciated.
Follow up: I disconnected the battery for a few hours and then cleared the DTC codes using Forscan. The P2098 code went away and hasn't returned. I will say that I forgot to disconnect the battery while replacing the O2 sensors so its like it didn't register that it had new sensors. I'm not a mechanic but this worked for me.